There are three categories of individual affiliation with the Association Member, Associate Member and Student.
• The broadest category, that of Member, is for those who are citizens of Georgia or foreign country, stateless persons, who share the goals of the Association and wish to take part in its activities;
• The second category is Associate Member - Georgian resident or non-resident legal entity which has its authorized representative in the Association; founders (members) and directors of Associate Member are not considered members of the Association .
• The third category is Student. Individuals in this category should have an active status of a baccalaureate, magistrate or PhD student of accredited Georgian or foreign university (college, school, institute).
A Membership gives the right:
• to take part in the activities of the association, development and implementation of the association plans, programs, projects and other activities for the;
• if applicable, to choose and to be elected to the Presidium of the Association, as well as to other managing or controlling bodies;
• nominate candidates for elected officials;
• obtain any information on Association's activities from the Association governing bodies;
• in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Association, take advantage of the membership to obtain the information and use logistical capabilities of the Association;
• A Member of the Association should act in accordance with the goals of the Association in a professional and responsible manner.
• A Member of the Association, should pay membership fee
Criteria for Membership
Candidates for Membership should meet the following criteria:
• The person should be willing to put in time and effort on Association activities (e.g. perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the Association going).
• Members should believe in the general goals of the Association. To support and promote the use of open source geospatial software, data and education in a collaborative manner.
• Members selected should provide representation of a diversity of interests (eg. corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific).
• Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively towards the goals of the Association. Good teamwork skills are an asset.
• The Association is open to all members of the community. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race, nationality, religion, or disability.
• Candidates for Membership should download Application Form and CV, fill them and return to the Secretary for review and approval. In case of positive decision a canditate should present memebership payment receipt to the Secretary; Cerificate of Membership will be provided upon acception of the receipt.
• Recommendation: recommender should be only a GALAS Member / Associate Member in good standing. The list of members can be found here. Recommender should write a short comment, fill the relevant fields in candidate's application form and sign it.
• A student may act as a recommender only for another student.
• A decision on membership granting is made by the Presidium within one month since application date
Membership fees should be transferred to:
Beneficiary Name: N(N)LE GEORGIAN ASSOCIATION FOR LABORATORY ANIMAL SCIENCE GALAS
Beneficiary ID: 405136348
Beneficiary Bank Name: Bank of Georgia
SWIFT Code: BAGAGE22